Elysium Holiday Tournament – December 26 – 31, 2010
Location: Elysium Tennis Club – 7637 Commerce Place,Plain City, Ohio 43064
$$$ $6,000 Plus in Total Prize Money $$$
Men’s Open / Women’s Open – Singles & Doubles
Men’s 35, 45, 55, 65 Singles and Doubles
Women’s 35, 45 Singles and Doubles
Mixed Doubles – Open, 35, 45
- All Participants must be current USTA members of good standing.
- Collegiate Players – you should secure permission from your school’s coach and Athletic Director to play in this tournament. Make sure you follow all ITA rules and regulations for playing in a tournament that offers prize money. Keep copies of all your forms and receipts.
- Seeding Info – email us so we have sufficient info for proper seeding.
- Tournament Director – Arnie Jones – email – firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Entry deadline is December 21, 2009 at midnight.
- Draws will be online December 23 in the evening.
- Midwest Championships – points for Midwest & OVTA ranking.
- Prize money for all placers – champions, second and third place.
- Prize money will be paid at the conclusion of each event on Dec. 31.
- Please sign up online @ www.usta.com. Click on Tennislink, and then select Tournaments. Enter the numer in the search for tournaments. Tournament ID # 856306909.
- Pizza parties on the middle two nights of the tournament.
- Great viewing at Elysium Tennis Club. Mezzanine holds 500 people.
- Elysium Tennis web site for directions is: www.elysiumtennis.com.
- Elysium Phone number if needed is (614) 873-8749.
- All USTA rules are in effect – and will be enforced – inappropriate language or actions will result in disqualification and suspension points.
- Check online for more information on the USTA TennisLink Tournament home page.
General Schedule of Events
These are the general guidelines within which we work. Some draws may be larger or smaller than others, and different from previous year’s draws. We try and structure the tournament so it is as concentrated as possible towards Dec. 29 – 31, to minimize travel for those coming from out of town.
Matches usually run until past 11 PM every evening in order to complete the tournament.
Pizza and pop will be served for all participants on Dec. 27 and 28. Papa John’s is one of our sponsors and bring in a bundle. Usually a big party.
Dec. 26 – Matches begin at 2 PM.
Men’s Open Singles, only. First 2 rounds, if possible.
There are usually 60 to 80 entrants in the Men’s Open Singles.
That requires over 75 matches to get through the first 2 rounds.
Dec. 27 – Matches begin at 2 PM.
Men’s Open Singles – Backdraw and round of 32, backdraw round of 32.
Women’s open singles finals first round – if the draw is good size.
Dec. 28 – Matches begin at 2 PM.
All singles round of 16, all divisions.
The first round matches in all the smaller singles divisions.
First round of Men’s Open Doubles – always a big draw.
Dec. 29 – Matches begin at 2 PM.
All singles quarterfinals, front and back draw.
Doubles round 16 – first matches in smaller doubles draws.
Dec. 30 – Matches begin at 2 PM.
All singles semifinals, front and back draw.
Doubles quarterfinal and semifinal matches.
Dec. 31 – Matches begin at 9 AM.
Finals begin at 9 AM. Championship, 3rd and Backdraw finals.
Singles first, followed by doubles matches.
Should be done by 4 PM to get to New Years Eve Parties.
Prize Money Distribution
Men’s and Women’s Open Singles – Prize Money Distribution Guaranteed
Champion – $500
Finalist – $250
Third Place – $150
Fourth Place – $ 50
Back Draw Champion – $150
All Other Singles Divisions (M & W – 35, 45, 55, 65 singles)
Champion – 30% of the Division’s cash receipts
Finalist – 15% of the Division’s cash receipts
Third Place – 10% of the Division’s cash receipts
Fourth Place – 5% of the Division’s cash receipts
Back Draw Champions – 10% of the Division’s cash receipts
Men’s Open Doubles – Teams, per team payout.
Champions – $400
Finalists – $200
Third Place Team – $100
Fourth Place Team – $ 50
All Other Doubles Divisions – per team payout.
Champions – 30% of the Division’s cash receipts
Finalists – 15% of the Division’s cash receipts
Third Place Team – 10% of the Division’s cash receipts
Fourth Place team – 5 % of the Division’s cash receipts